Re: [unrev-II] Synthesis

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 13:54:55 PDT

    Eric,

    Looks like gIBIS would be great for research, and other settings where formal
    decision making has plenty of time, for example developing a reasoned opinion in
    a lawsuit, or deciding to try Knowledge Management. Is there a fall back
    process, possibly less formal and less accurate, but useful for helping people
    with limited time make better decisions on-the-fly that come up in handling
    daily working information, which Doug discussed on 000327...

    http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/03/27/094001.HTM#3971

    For example how can we improve the scenario reported at a professional event on
    940612 concerning a $500M problem from constructing a new oil tanker...

    http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/94/06/11/083850.HTM#L171404

    Can gIBIS or some other method help a wide range of people working toward common
    goals, but often with conflicting interests, do a better job of achieving
    win-win results? The TQM and Deming people have been wrestling with this for a
    long time. Can the DKR help?

    Rod