Re: [unrev-II] Project Meeting Agenda

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 20:36:15 PDT

    As long as the result is a list of agenda items that
    we can prioritize and send out to the list, any way
    we get there is ok.

    As a meta-point, we are illustrating the need to reuse
    DKR information in other venues. Here, for example, we
    need a simple list of those 14 points. I take it that
    is somewhat difficult to extract from your current
    version of your system.

    We need to capture the ability to do so easily as a
    requirement of any system we build. (For example, the
    ability to collapse the hierarchy and select only what
    is currently displayed.

    I'll add that as a use case.

    Rod Welch wrote:

    > Eric,
    >
    > Usually, Doug or Lee or somebody has a notebook computer at the
    > meetings. Would it be okay to just jump on the Internet and use the
    > record for talking points? That would provide access to background
    > and support information, if needed, to guide the discussion, rather
    > than relying on memory.
    >
    > This might also provide a good example to explain technical
    > improvements contemplated by the use case analysis underway, i.e.,
    > here is one way of doing things without the OHS DKR, and here is how
    > we are going to improve it.
    >
    > Rod
    >
    > Eric Armstrong wrote:
    >
    > > Cool, Rod.
    > > Can you bring or send a one-item per line list of those
    > > 14 possibilities?
    > >
    > > Rod Welch wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Eric,
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for replying, and for the promotion. I am not in charge of
    > >
    > > > anything, but am happy to contribute where possible and acceptable
    > > > the team. Sponsorship and business model relate to technical
    > > agenda
    > > > with respect to selecting immediate targets for development that
    > > align
    > > > with demand, which roughly and eventually correlates with actual
    > > > need. We have to balance these issues, as discussed at the
    > > meeting on
    > > > 000324...
    > > >
    > > > http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/03/24/160030.HTM#7030
    > > >
    > > > The link to a "few items" lists 14 possible agenda issues for
    > > project
    > > > meetings....
    > > >
    > > > http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/04/07/115815.HTM#6554
    > > >
    > > > The first sentence or so of each item is a sort of summary, but I
    > > > agree some of the explanations are a bit lengthy.
    > > >
    > > > Business model and sponsorship are items 10 and 14. The other 12
    > > seem
    > > > "technical," but maybe not. Sometimes it helps to talk a bit
    > > about
    > > > writings. My number is 415 781 5700. I'll be here until OA
    > > 0800p,
    > > > then will be at 925 680 8947. Give me a call, or let me know
    > > where I
    > > > can reach you. Anyone on the team can help maintain project
    > > momentum
    > > > with suggestions on agenda issues for the weekly progress
    > > meetings.
    > > >
    > > > In any case, we should try to review with the team tomorrow
    > > possible
    > > > agenda issues for the period ahead, and strive for consensus on
    > > what
    > > > needs to get done over the next 3 to 4 weeks.
    > > >
    > > > Rod

    > > benefits. To learn more click here:]

    > > Shortcut URL to this page:
    > > http://www.onelist.com/community/unrev-II