Re: [unrev-II] Project Meeting Agenda

From: John J. Deneen (JJDeneen@ricochet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 22:47:56 PDT

    Ref.
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/FAQwebpro.html

    Relative to your summary of 14 points to solve, here's 4 examples of use
    cases, including 8 key parameters for "SamePage" document-centric
    collaboration (threaded discussions inside task detail pages) that might
    be of help to us all. "SamePage", is a tool that allows users, in
    real-time, to break text files into objects and discuss content within
    the content itself.

    "WebFlow.com (now Accentuate.com) is on target for phase two of
    corporate Intranets, where server-based applications accessed by
    universal clients drive new frontiers in inter-department
    collaboration," said Dr. Eric Schmidt, Chief Technology Officer and
    Corporate Executive Officer at Sun Microsystems. "I am impressed by the
    design decisions that WebFlow has made in SamePage and am enthusiastic
    about the natural synergies between their work and ours to create ever
    more powerful applications for the evolving extended enterprise."
    http://www.accentuate.com/releases/96/96pr-0429-v1.html

    Document Reviews
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/EXAMPLESwp.html

    Living Documents
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/EXAMPLESwp.html#living

    Task Management
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/EXAMPLESwp.html#task

    Driving Closure
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/EXAMPLESwp.html#closure

    Notice that this web-based living documentation example has a history
    link capability for
    ... "access to previous version of any summarized information (main
    material or comments); shows material before summarization and after,
    with change rationale; any level of summarization supported."...

    1) Working With Ideas
    http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#ideas

    2) Context-Driven
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#context

    3) Ad hoc (parallel) Workflow
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#workflow

    4) Consensus Building
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#consensus

    5) Individual Preferences
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#preferences

    6) Security & Privacy
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#security

    7) Work Anywhere, Anytime
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#work

    8) Web server and browsers interface to e-mail system requirements
     http://www.accentuate.com/products/DSsp.html#system

    Also, ..."One aspect of knowledge management is applying resident
    expertise to a particular problem or decision. SamePage does not
    identify, audit or archive knowledge, but the project leader can
    designate an expert resource to be a mandatory participant in a document
    discussion. In this way you are identifying a corporate knowledge asset
    and defining a system to apply this knowledge asset to a specific
    problem or challenge. [History]"

    NOTE: The [History] markers represent main paragraphs that have
    iterated--moved forward--in response to
    feedback.

    **************
    More Info

    The SamePage Suite provides a groundbreaking solution to the long
    standing business problem of sharing information across heterogeneous
    desktops and leveraging the knowledge of individuals. SamePage is the
    only shrinkwrapped and also adaptive application that enables teams
    using different desktop environments to work together in a shared
    workspace, without investing in a proprietary infrastructure.

    SamePage Suite was designed to help individuals get more done--faster,
    easier and smarter--by breaking the endless cycle of meetings, e-mail,
    voice-mail and more meetings. With SamePage, teams focus on results
    (rather than process) in a shared workspace where they assign and track
    action items, resolve issues, and iterate work materials, in response to
    on-line feedback. Project history is automatically captured allowing
    people to pick up where they left off and learn from their experience.

    SamePage Architecture
    The SamePage Suite consists of two application modules built around a
    core object architecture. There is SamePage, the live shared work space,
    and Take Action!, the integrated action item management system. Both
    application modules are tightly integrated with a flexible email
    notification system which provides a timely alert to SamePage users when
    changes have been made to a document, if they need to review a document,
    or if the status of an action item has been updated. This server-based
    software application is delivered across the corporate Intranet to any
    client desktop through a standard Web browser.

    How it Works
    Unlike other proprietary LAN-based products in which material is checked
    in and out, users check-in to the SamePage workspace and work with live
    information. Instead of circulating messages about static "attached"
    documents or trying to piece together multiple email responses, SamePage
    allows multiple users to insert and view comments, discussions and
    action items in-context, directly inside applicable documents. Since
    everyone is on the "same page" they are always working with the most
    up-to-date information to optimize productivity. This unique in-context
    approach allows team members to ramp up quickly on projects and captures
    the critical organizational history that is typically lost in unwieldy
    email messages or when team members are pulled onto other projects.

    "Now that corporations have invested in building powerful Intranet
    information infrastructures, they are aggressively seeking "out of the
    box" applications that can be easily deployed and supported," said
    Stephen Tolchin, president of Accentuate. "Our products are not about
    formalizing processes - but about providing a framework allowing users
    to complete their day-to-day work activities in fewer, more productive
    face-to-face meetings.

    An action items
    1. What processes currently are used to solve world problems

    Andromedia tracks reports of bugs in its software on the internal Web.
    An HTML-based bug-entry system includes fields for the characteristics
    of the problem, and allows for submission to the Bug Database. Employees
    who maintain code are then notified, and a nagging feature in the
    WebFlow system ensures they are reminded until a fix is created.

    Lockheed Martin, Sun Microsystems, and Charles Schwab also use the
    WebFlow system on their corporate Webs. The Web-based workflow system
    allows tasks to be assigned to individuals, groups, or to oneself.
    Assignees can accept a task, reject it, or forward it to someone else,
    under controls.
    http://www.internetworld.com/print/1997/06/09/intranet/19970609-collab.html

    The Joys of Togetherness
    http://www.cio.com/archive/webbusiness/060197_collaborate.html