Re: [unrev-II] Other Concepts

From: altintdev@webtv.net
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 00:32:17 PDT

    Before closing down the shop for tonite, I have been reflection upon two
    important concepts that may be related to this project.

    First, from news about the WWW, realize that NAPSTER is really a
    distributed dynamic media repository. Although I am not using this
    directly, I finally took some time to figure out how it works. Basically
    a centralized index of media elements with some sort of linkages to
    individual machines whare the target information items are stored.

    Second, on reading and thinking about the future of games and the game
    training we all get over outr lifetime, the idea of casting the DKR/OHS
    as capable of continious play by multiple collaborators with the purpose
    of 'winning' some prize. In this case, the prize is won when sufficient
    knowledge is accumulated and mastered to provide a solution to some
    problem.

    Finally, last week Doug said that at some point one grant proposal was
    rejected because the concept of Knowledge was not defined sufficiently
    for the reviewers. Let's work a bit on this. My exposure to this program
    and the rest of my results-oriented life has led me to the definition
    that Knowledge comprises the facts, principles, and maybe intuition when
    you can't exactly nail down the analytical process, that you use as a
    basis for taking some action to achieve a goal or solve a problem. This
    is why the www.hypermultimedia.com/DKR/model2.htm representation has a
    Goal or Problem to focus the evolution of Data/Information to WIsdom,
    where Wisdom represents an action taken based on the Knowledge.

    Best Regards and I hope to see you all Thurday,
    Joe

    Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
    experiments.