Re: [unrev-II] Species survival & open source funding etc. (was Re: Intel's new XML network devices)

From: Gayin Linx (gayinlinx@snowcrest.net)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 10:57:48 PDT

    RE: Open Source Funding

    Good Morning Silicon Valley, Tuesday May 9, 2000
    Paragraph on Red Hat's forming Red Hat Ventures to fund
    open source software and Internet infrastructure
    technology. The division will take stakes in the rage of
    $500K to $2M in companies specializing in such open source
    software and Internet infrastructure technology.

    John P., editor of GMSV comments: "Odd, given the fact
    that the company recently scaled back its plans to develop
    the open-source destination site Wide Open News."

    Gayin Linx
    The Civilian in Mount Shasta
    Who reads all the posts to the discussion group.