[unrev-II] Zaplets: collaborative documents with email

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2000 - 17:22:21 PDT

    Folks, the train is already moving. It's time to get
    in gear and get on board, or wave goodbye.

    I completely missed this one at JavaOne. Apparently
    they were there. I just found this in my inbox:

    "...fresh from JavaOne: "zaplets" are a way multiple people
    can collaborate in a way that is much more efficient than email.

    What is a zaplet?
    http://zaplet.zaplet.com/about/product.jsp

    More information:
    http://zaplet.zaplet.com/index.jsp
    http://zaplet.zaplet.com/quicktour/index.jsp
    http://zaplet.zaplet.com/authorpages/chooseAZaplet.jsp

    "If some zaplet web servers could be set up inside the corporate
    intranet, a lot of meetings or reviews could be run in a
    distributed manner.

    Here is the first paragraph from "What is a Zaplet?"
    "A Zaplet, created from the convergence of the web, email, and instant
    messaging, is a communications platform that offers a wonderful, new
    way to share information. Zaplets turn static email messages into active
    documents that are updated remotely and shared among multiple
    recipients. So you can bring groups together and get things done more
    easily and effectively.

    Take your development to new heights. Work with clients like Dell and
    pcOrder. Submit your resume to jobs@liaison.com. Visit us at