Re: [unrev-II] Augment + categories = OHS v0.1

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Jun 26 2000 - 17:52:02 PDT

    Eugene Eric Kim wrote:

    > On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Eric Armstrong wrote:
    >
    > > * I agree with Eugene (in principle) that links should
    > > be categorizable. I have been calling that feature
    > > "typed links", but it undoubtedly makes sense to reuse
    > > the category-capability to accomplish that typing.
    >
    > I think that you and Doug have different definitions of typed links.
    > My understanding of typed links is that the link has information
    > about the document to which it's linked. Categorizing links, on the
    > other hand, expresses information about the relationship between the
    > items that are linked.

    It appears we *do* mean different things.
    By typed/categorized links, I mean the ability to specify:
      * This link is a reference
      * This link is an inline-inclusion
      * This link is "invisible" (e.g. it is a glossary link)
        --meaning the cursor changes shape when hovering over
          the link, but the text is the same as the surrounding