[unrev-II] Scholastic Ontology

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 08:48:19 PST

    http://kmi.open.ac.uk/projects/scholonto/
    <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/projects/scholonto/>

    This URL was sent to me by Bernard Vatant. I have been following the work
    of Enrico Motta for a long time, but not close enough. This one snuck
    (sneeked?) up on me.

    The paper "ScholOnto: An Ontology-Based Digital Library Server for Research
    Documents and Discourse" (available as a pdf) strikes me as a very worth
    read.

    from the abstract:
    "...This paper describes the design rationale and implementation of
    ScholOnto, an ontology-based digital library server to support scholarly
    interpretation and discourse. It enables researchers to describe and debate
    via a semantic network the contributions a document makes, and its
    relationship to the literature...."

    Appears to take on IBIS in an expanded fashion.
    Reading deeper into it, I begin to see room for Pointrel in an
    implementation.

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.