Re: [unrev-II] The Essence of Creativity

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Wed Nov 08 2000 - 22:12:01 PST

    Eric,

    Good stuff on creativity. Another angle that deserves attention is providing an
    environment to assemble the same information in different patterns of context.
    This might be an aspect of multiple views that Doug has discussed, but in any
    event, new ideas emerge from pattern recognition. Important patterns are
    typically buried in the complexity of daily information that streams by
    sequentially, and so escape notice. Taking a moment to connect related context,
    enables the mind to grasp patterns of cause and effect. Doing this a lot,
    produces a web of connections that is mind boggling for those who encounter only
    the work product, as you have noted; yet, the mechanics of creating connections
    and assembling chunks of stuff in alternate contexts may aid recognition of
    useful patterns, which some authorities call "creativity."

    Rod