Re: [unrev-II] Alliance and Partners

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 16:36:53 PST

    Thanks, Rod.

    Unfortunately, even the kernel for a system that will meet the
    requirements is exceedingly complex.

    There is a reason for adducing those requirements, unfortunately.
    I say "unfortunately", because experiences shows that if the
    foundation is not laid properly to begin with, it is extraordinarily
    hard to add the requisite functionality later on.

    That imposes a certain level of complexity at the outset.
    However I can say with certainty, at this juncture, that I
    know why we haven't yet seen anything like what we really need.
    It's just a really hard problem to solve.