[unrev-II] [Fwd: Taiwan Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) to Build Semiconductor IP Delivery and Design Management Systems using D&R's IP Manager Series(tm)]

From: John J. Deneen (JJDeneen@ricochet.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 11:47:38 PST

    FYI, regarding an interesting "Organizational IQ" business model (and
    potential France and Taiwan Bootstrap Alliances?):

    An XML-based Intellectual Property (IP) Markup Language - IP ML,
    including IP Catalog Builder(tm), IP Repository, and IP Profiler(tm)
    from a non-profit/bootstrapping Design & Reuse (D&R) organization.

    For IP Exchange, D&R provides 2 innovative tools and services

       * IP catalog Building is a trade marked software and service
         assisting a corporation in creating their intranet IP catalog
         according to internal or standard requirements. The content and the
         GUI are fully under control of the corporate and any catalog can be
         created instantaneously ready for upload and download through
         intranet as well as internet. Assembling several catalogs and
         heterogeneous catalogs.
       * IP Profiler is an innovative tool allowing the display of the IP
         socketization in terms of the delivery files also called packaging
         files of the IPs .It is friendly user oriented both for information
         upload and information reading or file download. It contains claims
         and all qualification data such as test benches or any other
         claimed verification procedures. More important it produces an XML
         description of the IP based on D&R IP ML language. This XML tagging
         of the various files allows a straightforward upload and download
         among several databases.

    D&R as an IP e Trading center
    D&R has opened in 2K the first internet IP e trading center.

       * The IPs processed in this center are displayed in an e-commerce
         catalog giving relevant data for making an IP selection. D&R will
         then perform marketing and sales triggering through lead analysis .
       * Through a very active IP find search club, D&R collects market IP
         requests and creates dialog forums between potential providers and
         the customers thus experiencing innovative e-commerce negotiation
         process ;
       * To assist in getting the customer confidence, D&R is offering its
         IP profiling techniques and all the validation service offered
         within the qualification package described above.
       * Finally, D&R is installing highly protected servers to ensure safe
         and efficient IP transfer.

    D&R structure and organization
    D&R is a privately held company located in Grenoble (France) and has
    originally been incubated by INPG ( Institut national polytechnique de
    Grenoble)

    CMP the well known publisher is owning 19% of the shares and D&R website
    is part of EDTN Network.

    D&R groups about 20 engineers organized in 3 groups :

       * web portal activities
       * services
       * e-commerce

    Gabriele Saucier and Philippe Coeurdevey are the main founders of D&R.
    http://www.design-reuse.com/EXCHANGER/exchanger.html

    attached mail follows:

     ___ __
    | D_|_ | DESIGN AND REUSE
    |_| &_|_ info@design-reuse.com
      |_| R | www.design-reuse.com
    |__ |___|

    Online Version : http://www.design-reuse.com/NEWS/news20001128S0001.html

    Grenoble (France) and Hsinchu (Taiwan), 26 November 2000 - Design
    And Reuse today announced that ITRI will use the D&R IP Manager
    Series(tm) modules for its semiconductor intellectual property
    development, delivery, support and exchange management .

    ITRI will create an IP Internet Catalog for semiconductor
    intellectual property (SIP) vendors in Taiwan using D&R's IP
    Catalog Builder(tm) and this will allow visibility and efficient
    controlled data access over the internet. For managing the IP
    Repository, IP Profiler(tm) from D&R will provide direct bridging
    to the actual data storage. Automatic meta data transfer from the
    IP Profiler(tm) to the catalog would allow an IP Repository file
    to be displayed on the internet thus providing ITRI with a stronger
    IP Exchange capability.

    "D&R technology is simple to use and XML meta data storage offered
    real management power. We will train our designers with D&R tools
    to build an IP Catalog for easy search of silicon IP information
    to foster the growth of IP business in Taiwan." commented Jyuo-Min
    Shyu, Vice President of ITRI. Dr. Shyu is in charge of Electronics
    Research & Service Organization (ERSO) and SoC Technology Center
    in ITRI, he is also President of the Secretariat of Silicon IP
    Consortium in Taiwan consisting of 43 member companies.

    "We are glad to provide our intranet reuse management technology
    to ITRI and to meet their needs in the future from IP to SoC.
    Taiwan has developed a unique infrastructure of IC industry from
    design to fabrication, packaging, and testing. Working with ITRI
    for IP Exchange in Taiwan IC industry, D&R expects further
    collaborations with industrial partners in Taiwan." commented
    Dr. Gabriele Saucier of D&R.

    About ITRI

    Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI) was established
    in 1973 to accelerate industrial technology development in Taiwan.
    Its accomplishments include establishing high-tech industry,
    applying various technologies to those industries, improving
    industrial structures, advancing Taiwan's international market
    competitiveness, promoting environmental protection, and enhancing
    the quality of life. The current scope of ITRI R&D includes
    Electronics and IT, Machinery and Aerospace, Biomedical and
    Materials, Energy, Resources and Sustainable development. ITRI
    can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.itri.org.tw

    About Design and Reuse

    D&R is a corporation founded in September 1997 with 19% shareholding
    of CMP Media Inc. Today D&R is the leading web portal for IP and SoC
    information. D&R provides internet / intranet based IP Development
    and Exchange Management software called the IP Manager Series(tm).
    D&R can be found on the World Wide Web at http://www.design-reuse.com

    FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:

    Anirudha Maitra John Chang
    Tel: +33 476 57 46 87 Tel: +886 3 5914833
    Fax: +33 476 50 34 21 Fax: +886 3 5914833
    mktg@design-reuse.com tlchang@itri.org.tw

    The D&R logo, IP Manager Series, IP Catalog Builder and IP Profiler
    are registered trademarks of Design & Reuse , S. A. of Grenoble ,
    France. All other trademarks are the property of their owners.