Re: [unrev-II] You'll see ...

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 14:13:39 PST

    Yes, you are right, John. And thanks for alerting me.

    The page format was originally designed to accomodate illustrations as wide as the
    slides that came with the Colloquium. I have painted myself into a corner with the Award
    pictures. In this case, the problem is compounded by an illustration in the left-hand
    column. Boy-o-boy.

    Was doing my work on a 1024x800 format and occasionally checking on 800x600, even
    600x480, but I really should have a couple of machines running simultaneously to keep me
    alerted.

    At any rate, I will install software to reduce the size of the Award illustration a bit.
    It'll take me a few days, though.

    "John J. Deneen" wrote:

    > The "no margins" version prints OK, but looks dull in comparison. The "testbed" page
    > looks the best, but the right-hand column is completely cutoff when printed too.
    >
    > Henry van Eyken wrote:
    >
    > > Your wish is my command, John.
    > >
    > > But not exactly ...
    > >
    > > Go to
    > > http://www.fleabyte.org/testbed/bi/chronicle/curatorial/nmt.html
    > >
    > > Actually, you would have been alright, I guess, if you had printed from the "no
    > > margins" version, http://www.bootstrap.org/index-.html
    > >
    > > Henry
    > >
    > > P.S. You may like to know that the "testbed" page on the Fleabyte site, which I
    > > referred you to above is linked to other pages on the testbed. Clicking around a
    > > bit will give you an idea of what the Bootstrap site will soon be like. Mind
    > > you, not all links work. After all, it is only a testbed. H.
    > >
    > > "John J. Deneen" wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi-Henry,
    > > >
    > > > After making a print, I discovered that the right-hand column (1-1/4 in.
    > > > wide) on the 1st page is cutoff about an inch. So the center column needs to
    > > > be reduced in size by about 1/2 in. on each side for making a good print.
    > > > Otherwise, it's beautiful and timely work - great job!!!

    > > > Community email addresses:
    > > > Post message: unrev-II@onelist.com
    > > > Subscribe: unrev-II-subscribe@onelist.com
    > > >
    > > > Shortcut URL to this page: