Re: [unrev-II] OHS Overview

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 17:22:49 PST

    I am confounded.

    The paragraph quoted below was in a piece of private correspondence to
    Frode, with a copy to Nicholas. Interesting how it ended up on this forum.

    At any rate, to clarify, I was concerned with an issue of web-page design.
    As for the usefulness of the numbers in working with documents, they serve
    for referencing components of documents. Instead of an ordinary URL, we may
    now profit from URLs with specific location included. Try <
    http://www.bootsrap.org/index.html#9D >. I also understand that this
    usefulness is particularly profound when working with Augment.

    Henry

    Eric Armstrong wrote:

    > Henry van Eyken wrote:

    > > Am cc-ing Nicholas. As one who makes his living with website
    > > architecture and
    > > design issues, he is, professionally, quite averse to using the "funny
    > > purple numbers."
    > >
    > For what it's worth, I agree with Nicholas.
    >
    > The numbers aren't of much use if you can drag and drop the
    > pointers anyway. When that capability didn't exist, I'm sure
    > they made life easier.

    eLerts