Re: [unrev-II] Global Brain conference

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 13:25:54 PST

    Fascinating, Jack. Jung brought down to earth. We need have an advanced pilot
    outpost right there to view, evaluate, digest, and report back to our own
    "bootstrapping bailiwick" of the great social organism.

    Anybody reading this with any practical suggestion about achieving that? How can
    we remain stimulated to take cognizance of more and more while personal time is
    under siege? It looks like the Global Brain group is well aware of that problem
    and trying to cope with it.

    Why did you singleout the name Cliff Joslyn? Should we know him?

    Henry

    P.S. (minor side issue) As a onetime reader of Teilhard de Chardin's "Phenomenon
    of Man," and admirer of the translators proze, I was later chargrined to learn
    about some unsavory association with the Piltdown Man. Anybody remember the
    verdict of history on that? Guilty or not guilty?

    Jack Park wrote:

    > There exists a move to have a Global Brain conference. The web site is
    > http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/GBRAIN-L.html
    > <http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/GBRAIN-L.html>
    >
    > That web site is associated with the Principia Cybernetica Project, for
    > which Cliff Joslyn has been co-developer.
    >
    > To find out more, visit the web archives of the GlobalBrain list.
    >
    > Global Brain is about many of the same things an OHS/DKR wants to be.

    > This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    > contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    > the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    > If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    > of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    > immediately.

    eGroups eLerts