Re: [eXtenDE-dev] Re: [unrev-II] Tech Startup "How To" notes

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 16:52:37 PST

    Drat. So I had a tetrahedron at 4 elements.
    When I added "purpose", I had TWO tetrahedrons, sharing
    the marketing/finance/technology face.

    What's that? A double-tetrahedron?? A diamond tetrahedron?

    Thanks for the explanation, btw. The sooner the egg
    gets wiped off, the faster everyone forgets it was there...
    :_)

    "Dennis E. Hamilton" wrote:

    > A tetrahedron is a solid figure having 4 faces, each being a triangle. It
    > has four vertices.
    >
    > Notice that pyramids are not tetrahedrons, because the base is a square and
    > the remaining faces are triangles. To visualize a tetrahedron, think of a
    > pyramid-like object built on a triangular base. So there are only 3
    > vertical faces, coming together at a single apex.
    >
    > A regular tetrahedron (with each edge the same length) is the simplest
    > regular solid. (We don't count the sphere, which can be thought of as an
    > infinitely-faced object in the limit.)
    >
    > -- orcmid

    Make FREE long-distance calls with Tellme!
            Just dial 1-800-555-TELL.