Re: [unrev-II] Knowledge Repositories and Design Discussions

From: Henry van Eyken (vaneyken@sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 21:26:47 PST

    Eric:

    You might find Bloom's Taxonomy of the Cognitive Domain (used in educational
    circles, e.g. in testing) a handy reference. By all means, supplement that
    with your own insights.

    It is found or referred to on many sites, e.g.
    http://www.coun.uvic.ca/learn/program/hndouts/bloom.html
    http://www.dlrn.org/library/dl/guide4.html

    Especially note distinction between knowledge and comprehension.

    I am inclined to believe you may find the distinctions in the taxonomy more
    useful than the distinction between information and knowledge. There are
    texts about how to test for learners' accomplishments within the taxonomy,
    i.o.w. there is quite a bit of "fine tuning.".

    Henry