RE: [unrev-II] Semiotics for Beginners

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2001 - 18:50:59 PDT

    At 11:31 PM 4/10/2001 +0100, you wrote:
    >Is semiotics the new hermeneutics then?
    >Just skimming through the 'Criticisms of semiotic analysis' section, it
    >reads as though they have been reinventing hermeneutics, and the debates
    >relating to it, under another name.
    >
    >Still hunting for _the_ sense,
    >Peter

    I have been told the following: "Peirce explicitly called his theory
    hermeneutical and knew of that
    theoretical development at its inception. "

    Jack

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
    Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
    "Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/KVNB7A/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/IaAVlB/TM