[unrev-II] Fwd: [announce]   INDUSTRIAL ECOLOGY SUMMIT 2001

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Mon Sep 03 2001 - 22:36:02 PDT

    FYI...
    Visit http://www.globalfutures.org
    BTW: only 96 individuals will be allowed to attend.
    Starting price for admission is $695 for media/nonprofit individuals, $25k
    for corporate executives.
    No discounts allowed...

    >Sender: owner-announce@isss.org
    >
    > Mark your calendars!!
    >
    > INDUSTRIAL ECOLOGY SUMMIT 2001
    > will be held
    > NOVEMBER 13-15, 2001
    > at the scenic
    > Marconi Conference Center
    > (along the coast just north of San Francisco)
    >

    >IE SUMMIT 2001:
    >
    >What We Learned In The Rainforest:
    >Tools Inspired by Nature for Corporate Accountability and Sustainability
    >
    >BACKGROUND:
    >
    >Three years ago, in a speech entitled "What I Learned in the Rainforest,"
    >Tachi Kiuchi set forth a bold vision: Instead of extracting resources from
    >nature, businesses could harvest nature's ideas. By running our businesses
    >like the rainforest - innovative, adaptive, resilient, and sustainable - we
    >can emulate nature's capacity to create value without consuming its base. We
    >can begin to profit sustainably, and create affluence without effluence.
    >
    >But how?
    >
    >To answer that question, the Future 500 is proud to invite you to "What We
    >Learned in the Rainforest," the Future 500 Summit 2001, this November 13-15
    >near San Francisco.
    >
    >Like last year's Industrial Ecology 2000, our 2001 summit will draw together
    >a rich combination of forward-thinking executives, practical visionaries, and
    >business change agents. But unlike IE 2000, What We Learned in the
    >Rainforest is a WORKING conference. Instead of dozens of keynotes and
    >breakout sessions, we will be working side-by-side in intimate roundtable
    >sessions. And instead of last year's 400 participants, less than 100
    >registrants will be permitted - 50 of them hand-selected, to assure that we
    >have the catalytic mix of participants we need.
    >
    >PROGRAM THEMES:
    >
    > * Lessons from the Rainforest: The Book, the Principles, the Tools
    >
    > * Applying the Lessons I: New Tools for Corporate Accountability. Learn
    >about, propose, discuss and debate tools in different fields and functions of
    >corporate accountability:
    > -Planning Tools
    > -Policy Tools
    > -Implementation Tools
    > -Tracking Tools
    > -Communication Tools
    > -Applying the Lessons II: Product Stewardship and Extended Product
    >Responsibility
    >
    > * Applying the Lessons III: Computers and Electronics Product
    >Stewardship: State and National Program and Policy Development
    >
    > * Building a Practice in Corporate Accountability: The Next 90 Days to
    >One Year
    >
    >For more information, please contact:
    >
    >Nikole Wilson
    >Conference Coordinator
    >The Future 500
    >(510) 681-4191
    >nikole@globalfutures.org

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM