Re: [unrev-II] Fwd: Re: [announce] "What goes around, comes around."

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@sun.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 16:07:11 PDT

    Jack Park wrote:

    > >From: "Don Watson" <dewatson@sunflower.com>
    > >.... "What can we humans do to increase the
    > >probability of our survival?"

    > >an essay, "Is Homo sapiens sapiens a Wise Species?"
    > >http://www.sunflower.com/~dewatson/$homosap.html

    Superb essay. Insightfully written. The odds are not good.
    An inherently unstable species is inevitably doomed. I would
    characterize the "innate wisdom" Don speaks of as, rather, the
    result of natural selection. If there had been another example
    before ourselves, it would be hard to know -- they are so long
    to develop that all traces could have disappeared before we got
    here. And looking back from a few millenia hence, what are the
    chances that anyone knows we were here??

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
    site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/r0k.gC/oT7CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM