Re: [unrev-II] Recommendations??

From: Alex Shapiro (alex@touchgraph.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 21:29:56 PDT

    Categories: http://www.iaslash.org/ia/
    Check out the "topics" link. You get older links archived by category.

    Ratings + Categories: http://www.halfbakery.com
    The content is a little silly, but they're ratings.

    Combinations: I believe this one requires visualization. I apologize for
    the self promotion, but observe how easy it is to make combinations using
    the TG Link Browser:
    http://www.touchgraph.com/browser/LinkBrowser.html just add a new node,
    and link it to the nodes that it is a combination of.

    --Alex

    >The "information explosion" exhibited by these pointers alone
    >illustrates some of the *vital* requirements for a useful collaboration
    >tool:
    > 1) Categories
    > When recommendation "X" comes in, it needs to come in with
    > a category (or multiple categories) or, better, categories need to
    >
    > be retroactively applied, so I can tell which recommendations
    > achieve similar goals, or perform similar functions.
    >
    > 2) Ratings
    > There is no way on God's green earth I am going to investigate
    > 700 recommendations, until and unless that is my paid job
    >function
    > (at which point I will be more than happy to undertake the task).
    >
    > Until that I occurs, I *must* have ratings for these things, so I
    >
    > can idendify "best of breed" in each category.
    >
    > 3) Combinations
    > If someone can say, "we can combine technology X with
    > technology Y to do Z". That new combination can then
    > be categorized and rated, so it can be compared with
    > combinations X and M, or combination M and N and P.

    Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM