[unrev-II] More about OpenOffice

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 10:04:09 PDT

    I just installed openoffice.org build 638c.

    I'm impressed. It opened some of my Word docs, and some of my powerpoint
    docs as well.
    Haven't done all that much testing yet.

    Couldn't get the help screens to display. Select something and click
    "display" and nothing happens. Thusly, I'm at a loss to understand some of
    the stuff the system offers, like some kind of database that allows you to
    turn everything on your disk into addresses (I think).

    A good user's manual is in order, but I am now quite sure that I like
    OpenOffice as a substrate for future OHS developments.

    Cheers
    Jack

    Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM