[unrev-II] PlanBee -- Towards a HyperScope

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 10:01:38 PDT

    http://www.thoughtshare.com/products/planbee/index.jsp

    Found this link on http://www.memes.net

    Excerpt:
    "PlanBee™ is an innovative desktop application that works alongside your
    browser and provides an easy way to package your knowledge and expertise
    into a new type of file called a buzPAK™.

    A buzPAK is a visual collection of Web pages, attached files and personal
    notes that combine to create a shareable package of knowledge on a selected
    topic.

    PlanBee opens in a window alongside a browser (IE or NS) and allows you to
    keep track of a surfing session, making annotations, links, and so
    forth. Each session goes into a "buzPAK" so that you develop modules that
    tend to be project-centric. That way, it becomes possible to build lots of
    "template" surfing sessions to pass around.

    Now, imagine that those "buzPAKs" were, actually, XTM documents (XML Topic
    Maps) such that they could then be shared, merged, and, ultimately become
    one of many view mechanisms in a HyperScope implementation.

    PlanBee can be downloaded for free (30 day trial, I think), and sells for
    $99 USD.

    When I think about PlanBee and about HyperScope, I cannot help think about
    Rod Welch's SDS as well.

    Now, imagine a memes.net-like user interface coupled with a TouchGraph
    navigation system for all these "buzPAKs" and, well, you get the picture...

    Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM