Welcome!

Hi folks,    (01)

The OHS Launch Community mailing list is now up.  I took the liberty of
subscribing everyone who attended the meeting last week, except for Carla,
Reg, and Eric.  Those three will hopefully join us later.  Currently on
the list: Doug Engelbart, Howard Liu, Jack Park, Lee Iverson, Sheldon
Brahms, Murray Altheim, and I.    (02)

This list is closed for participation (for now), but publically browsable.
The archives (with purple numbers) are at:    (03)

    http://www.bootstrap.org/lists/ohs-lc/    (04)

To send a message to this list, send e-mail to ohs-lc@bootstrap.org.  Use
this forum to make announcements about your respective projects and to
discuss ontologies and other LC-specific matters.    (05)

A few administrative notes.  I'd encourage people to use the archives and
the appropriate purple numbers to cite passages from previous messages,
rather than quote them as usual.  I'd also encourage people to stay
focused.  The initial membership of our community is small for a reason.
Hopefully, the signal-to-noise ratio will stay very high.  As I noted at
last week's meeting, I'll be publishing a summary of the discussion on
this list once a week, most likely on Sunday evenings.    (06)

I should have the PurpleWiki hacked and ready within the next few days.
One of the things we'll have to work out is how best to use both this list
and the Wiki to accomplish our stated goals.  This is a process that will
require experimentation and that should evolve over time.    (07)

Looking forward to the discussion!    (08)

-Eugene    (09)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |