[unrev-II] Hi, great, welcome, keep it up!

From: Doug Engelbart - Bootstrap Institute (DOUG@bootstrap.org)
Date: Wed Jan 26 2000 - 16:37:00 PST

From: Doug Engelbart - Bootstrap Institute <DOUG@bootstrap.org>

Almost shameful to be this slow, but I just had my first trip into the
disucssion. I'm quite distracted by preparation challenge for each Thursday's
session; including now. We'd like to get people resources that can help
summarize and integrate, so that I could use limited time to
respond/participate more effectively.

I'm wondering how many of you discussion contributors are in the on-site room
and would be available for dialog there?

Some things I picked up on:

   Didn't know about concepts in "Punctuated Evolution" and their classical
   S-Curve dynamics. Would be intersting to analyze the phenomena to see if
   enough dynamics are similar to bootstrapping the way we see it.

   Acknowledge concerns such as "Dichotomy hiding amidst the paradigms: I hear
   a cosmic goal of ...". My path may well have missed very important
   considerations; how long, with how much dialog, might it take to integrate
   perceptions here and arrive at a better conceptual framework -- or better
   way of presenting it? I'd like to try, if I could without derailing the
   Collouium.

   Pivotal and Critical Problems: Good. At danger of misunderstanding by too
   short a scan, I would comment that many things have emerged into my
   awareness about the difficulties of defining and resolving not only what we
   think are thekey problems, but the difficulties also in recognizing and
   isolating them. This has always looped me back into the feeling that both
   of these challenges (recognizing, and resolving) depend upon the same basic
   "collective capability" that I can't seem to dislodge from the forefront of
   my goal picture.

Keep it up, please. Doug

Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. ZERO. Rates as low as 0
percent Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers,
Rewards Points, no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and
get the credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at