Re: [unrev-II] License Model: Preliminary Suggestion

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 18:30:14 PDT

    On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 04:39:56PM -0400, Paul Fernhout wrote:
    > I think broadly put, the best license choices are:
    > * BSD-ish, (non-viral)
    > or
    > * GPL (viral)

    What attributes are people looking for in the license. I think one of the
    most important is that the software spread and be accepted widely.
    Especially if we are trying to create a defacto standard and to spread the
    word about boot strapping techniques and DKR. In that repect I don't think
    artistic license, ala perl, would suit our needs nor BSD or X style as
    they make forking easier. GPL while not denying forking makes it more
    difficult.

    Jeff.

    Good friends, school spirit, hair-dos you'd like to forget.
    Classmates.com has them all. And with 4.4 million alumni already
    registered, there's a good chance you'll find your friends here: