[unrev-II] XML data structures

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 17:45:29 PDT

    Just got off the phone with Sandy Klausner.

    He's been doing some very interesting stuff with
    respect to reconceptualizing the development
    process from an intelligently graphic perspective.
    I recently began following his efforts in that
    area, but it has up to now been a fairly radical
    proposal that had a hard time finding applicability.

    Recently, however, he retargeted his efforts to do
    "better XML" kinds of things, especially in the area
    of conceptualizing, defining, and ultimately
    manipulating XML structures.

    The new direction has apparently begun to pay off.
    He just received some initial funding to pursue
    that path.

    He's willing to give us a talk on where he is at
    this point in time, sometime in the next few weeks.
    Would that be of interest to everyone?

    [Note: When designing the atomic data structues, I
    found myself wishing for the graphic tools he has
    been using to clearly convey the picture I have in
    my head. One thing you can expect from Sandy is
    great graphics.]