[unrev-II] jTME (alpha) available for download

From: Jack Park (jackpark@verticalnet.com)
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 08:27:16 PST

    Folks,
    I have put a version of the binarys of jTME up at
    http://thinkalong.com/jtme/jTME.html <http://thinkalong.com/jtme/jTME.html>
    .
    This version, as explained in the user's manual (a pdf file), is capable of
    importing XTM 1.0 (December 4, 2000) files and allows construction of new
    XTM documents. There's still lots to do.

    What's perhaps different here than, say, Kal Ahmed's really sophisticated
    TM4J implementation, is that my implementation is persistent in a relational
    database. The GUI just gives us a nice playground to experiment with
    persistent XTM.

    I will be releasing the source code for it as soon as I find an appropriate
    web host. Sourceforge and collab.net are under consideration as are any
    other suggestions.

    PersistentXTM is being used in my implementation of (my version of) Douglas
    Engelbart's OHS, called jpOHS. OHS is discussed at http://www.bootstrap.org
    <http://www.bootstrap.org> , and a kind of weblog of jpOHS is at
    http://www.thinkalong.com/ohs/jpOHS.html
    <http://www.thinkalong.com/ohs/jpOHS.html>

    Happy to talk to folks about these projects by way of
    jackpark@thinkalong.com <mailto:jackpark@thinkalong.com>

    Cheers
    Jack

    This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) and may
    contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not
    the intended recipient, dissemination of this communication is prohibited.
    If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies
    of the message and its attachments and notify postmaster@verticalnet.com
    immediately.

    Do you have 128-bit SSL encryption server security?
    Get VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your
    Web Site for Business." Get it now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/EVNB7A/c.WCAA/bT0EAA/IaAVlB/TM