Re: [unrev-II] update on jpOHS

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Mon Mar 26 2001 - 14:15:33 PST

    Jack Park wrote:

    > http://www.thinkalong.com/ohs/jpOHS.pdf
    > <http://www.thinkalong.com/ohs/jpOHS.pdf>
    >
    > The project continues. The spirit of the project rests on the notion
    > that
    > it is time for many to build variants of an OHS so that we will have
    > lots to
    > compare and discuss once a "real" OHS gets off the ground.

    Wow... Impressive.

    > I have combined Content and Knowledge into what I call the DKR:
    > dynamic because everything (in my version) is represented
    > internally as topic maps...

    Sounds good.

    > InContext, there exists a Topic Maps tab,
    > an IBIS
    > tab, and an SDS tab. Later, there will be TSC, Augment, etc, tabs.

    This is really intriguing.

    > The
    > common interlingua between Context and DKR is XML messages, with the
    > "cargo"
    > written in XTM format. Context, called client, talks to a DKR server,
    > which
    > couples client to jLinda4, a Linda-like coordination system. From
    > there,
    > DKR, which is also a jLinda4 client, process persistence and knowledge
    > issues. By coordinating with jLinda4, the system can accept many
    > clients,
    > and many DKR servers. In some sense, jLinda4 becomes a kind of Von
    > Neumann
    > bottleneck. Film at 11...on that one:-)

    Looking forward to that film.

    > Progress to date: got client and server to talk to jLinda4. Client
    > and
    > server (prior to addition of jLinda4) already could manipulate topic
    > maps:
    > display them, create and edit them, and delete them from the
    > database. Now,
    > to get the tuples working!

    What is JLinda4, again?

    and congrats on the progress!

    Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption!
    Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide,
    "Securing Your Web site for Business." Get it now!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/4cW4jC/e.WCAA/bT0EAA/IaAVlB/TM