Re: [unrev-II] [Fwd: Knexa/Peerview to Revolutionize Scholarly Pu blishing]

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Tue Apr 24 2001 - 14:03:28 PDT

    Jack Park wrote:

    > Scientists demand open access to research:
    > http://slashdot.org/science/01/04/24/149257.shtml

    Yes. I will be highly surprised if any kind of "pay for
    information" model actually succeeds. I might pay for
    the platform that will allow me to publish and access
    information, and for better search tools and what not
    that integrate with that platform. But beyond that, I'm
    not sure there is a revenue model that makes sense.