Re: [unrev-II] A CYC competitor: a society of Webminds (Psynet), KNOW- language for knowledge representation & communications with WebSphere

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Fri Jul 06 2001 - 09:24:52 PDT

  • Next message: John J. Deneen: "Re: [unrev-II] A CYC competitor: a society of Webminds (Psynet), KNOW- language for knowledge representation & communications with WebSphere"

    All of the WebMind stuff is based on the works of Ben Goertzel. Many of
    his papers can be found at http://www.goertzel.org/papers/main.htm
    Just a couple of them are:
    Webmind: A Self-Organizing Internet AI System for Knowledge Management and
    Knowledge Creation
    Helical Time in Physics and Psychology
    Book Review -- Radiance of Being by Allan Combs
    On the Algebraic Structure of Consciousness

    A bio on him can be found at http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/bios/goertzel.html
    The bio includes a link to the original webmind site http://www.webmind.com/
    Note: at http://www.goertzel.org/supermonkey.html there is a link to a
    notice that Webmind Inc. went bankrupt. Also a note that they are (were)
    looking for a way to restart the activity.

    Given that at http://www.intelligenesis.net/jobs.html somebody is hiring,
    it would appear (pure speculation?) that Webmind is back.

    Also at http://www.goertzel.org/supermonkey.html is a jump to a list of his
    books that have html dumps online.

    Is this project liable to go open source? I suspect that it will not do that.