Re: [unrev-II] Thinking about communicating

From: Garold \(Gary\) L. Johnson (dynalt@dynalt.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 16:29:17 PDT

I have 2 of the Loglan books that were available. I don't know whether they
still are.

One aspect of the language that intrigued me is that the dictionary consists
of predicates, each of which takes a specified set of arguments --
essentially subroutines or method calls.

I have thought for years that such an endeavor in English would make a
useful set of checklists for any text that had to be precise, such as
software specifications or requirements documents.

BTW, Loglan is based on a context free grammar and it is said that a
computer programme with it is still the most 'fluent' speaker of Loglan.

Whether Loglan istelf is worthy of adoption for precision communication, I
think that many of the ideas used in it could be very useful.

Thanks,

Garold (Gary) L. Johnson