Re: [unrev-II] MultiCentrix, Topic Maps, and more

From: John J. Deneen (jjdeneen@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 10:40:21 PDT

    Wow; this is truly a gem in applied software technology and developed with
    profound knowledge on how to augment a collective IQ ! I'm also very impressed
    with Aw Kong Kay's definition of software and his comment that:

    "A good software must be based on good philosophy and methodology without which
    the best technology will not make any difference. Knowledge is important for the
    software to be usable and intuitive."
    < http://www.multicentric.com/software.htm >

    Jack Park wrote:

    > Found this by surfing http://www.memes.net
    >
    > http://www.multicentric.com/cat.htm
    >
    > This paper has a diagram, under Section 6: The MultiCentric Concept, that
    > looks very much like a topic map. While the program appears to come with
    > an ISAM database, it does appear to otherwise be a pretty elegant user
    > interface and database for doing topic map-like information
    > management. The product is commercial (read: not open source). Perusing
    > this web site should be of interest to those who wish to explore OHS-like
    > topics.
    >
    > And more...
    > I am thinking that installing Lucid Fried Eggs at the Bootstrap site would
    > be of great value. That's because the program could serve as an organizer
    > for a variety of things we talk about. At the same time, it collects a
    > time series of thoughts that can be mined and imported into an eventual DKR.
    >
    > Cheers
    > Jack

    NetZero Platinum
    Only $9.95 per month!
    Sign up in September to win one of 30 Hawaiian Vacations for 2!