[unrev-II] BrowseUp

From: Alon Schwartz (alon@browseup.com)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 15:35:38 PDT

    Hello to all,

    I wanted to inform you that BrowseUp has re-launched its technology after
    working on it internally for the past 7 month (at which time nothing was
    available to the outside world).
    We have implemented a lot of feedback from the version originally launched
    almost a year ago, and as a result we totally re-wrote the client side.
    Many features where dropped. A few where added.
    Many new features will be coming up in the next couple of weeks and month,
    however we are launching it now as-is so we may incorporate comments and
    feedbacks from different user groups.
    The new version is faster, much easier to use, and unlike in the first
    launch a year ago, we are now be enabling people to download our SERVER and
    run it locally in private groups, inside companies and communities.
    There are detailed instructions on how to install the server on the BU
    download page.(it will require Oracle 8.1.6 DB, that we can make available
    to anyone interested in running a server)
    There is also a BU-server we set up for use over the Internet, and a sample
    client for use with it is available on our download page.
    The client machine will require I.E 5.5, and OS: Win2000/NT.
    We are focusing on finishing the development of many more and important
    client features, and will only then have time to release versions for more
    browsers and OS`s. Apologies to all Mac and Netscape users.:(

    We hope you will enjoy, we believe we have one of the most important parts
    of Memex and OHS working...
    Looking forward for your comments, and if there are any interested party's
    we will be glad to think of ways for developers to start hooking up to our
    technology with their own code.

    Yours Truly,
    Alon Schwarz
    Founder, BrowseUp

    www.browseup.com

    Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM