Re: [unrev-II] Microsoft, the Gatekeeper

From: John J. Deneen (jjdeneen@netzero.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 13:11:48 PDT

    Here's more news about "the gatekeeper":

    Microsoft and Groove Networks Announce Strategic Relationship

    Oct. 10, 2001 - "Microsoft Invests $51 Million as Groove Networks Closes Financing Round; Companies to Pursue Shared Vision for Web and Peer Services." ...

    Ray Ozzie, CEO of Groove Networks explains: "For nearly a year, we have been working with Microsoft on several initiatives, as our early customers have asked
    for tighter integration with Office applications, interoperability with Windows® Messenger, and an understanding of how we will employ .NET technologies and
    services. We've made significant progress on these and other initiatives, and now look forward to working even more closely with Microsoft to ensure that we
    capitalize on the strengths of our respective technologies to deliver cross-enterprise collaboration solutions for our customers." ....

    "Microsoft® .NET and Windows XP technologies, combined with Groove Networks' collaboration technologies, will enable customers to work together effectively
    within and across organizational boundaries, and will provide software developers with unprecedented flexibility in integrating peer and Web services. As
    part of the strategic relationship, the companies will collaborate to accelerate the adoption of their respective technologies through customer-driven
    product, sales and marketing initiatives."
    < http://www.groove.net/release/>