Re: [unrev-II] Scientific World Journal, Minnesota E-Democracy, xmLP, NewsML

From: Jack Park (jackpark@thinkalong.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 07:46:23 PDT

    Recently, a bunch of authors abandoned a scientific journal for reasons of
    inability of the public to view their papers for
    free. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL appears to charge to view papers. In my
    judgement, this journal does not appear to be a ste forward in the quest
    for free exchange of information.

    Jack
    At 11:06 PM 10/20/2001 -0700, you wrote:
    >I am part of a forum that is pretty high quality (Howard Rheingold's
    >Brainstorms) and found a few very interesting tidbits.
    >

    >http://www.thescientificworld.com/publications/default.asp?uid=&bid=
    >
    >Welcome to TheScientificWorldJOURNAL - the future of publishing is now
    >
    >TheScientificWorldJOURNAL offers a single unified environment for the
    >publication of all high-quality science drawn from over a hundred
    >scientific domains within the life, biomedical and environmental
    >sciences. Research work submitted for publication is peer-reviewed by
    >prominent Principal and Associate Editors and a network of leading
    >scientists acting as referees. TheScientificWorldJOURNAL accommodates
    >original scientific articles, reviews, methods & protocols, conference
    >proceedings, and databases.

    Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/yQix2C/33_CAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM