[unrev-II] Intelligence from Categories with Hierarchial Structure??

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 16:22:59 PST

    Eric,

    Are you saying in your letter this afternoon at 1408 that if Traction had
    hierarchical structure this would have enabled analysis for effective
    "intelligence," per examples in my letter earlier today at 1338, referencing
    Traction work product at....

    http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/60/01/11/0201.HTM#J18M

    ....and further in connection with your letter on 011031 at....

    http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/60/01/11/0201.HTM#OP5F

    Can you flesh out a scenario, as you have done so often, to show how
    hierarchical structure helps convert important information in your letter into
    useful knowledge, and then use that showing to resolve worry in your letter on
    00503 that this is too difficult to tackle? Sounds like we are making progress
    on our question from 000120.

    Recall research a few months later on 000307 by the OHS/DKR team explaining that
    people are wired to think in through "stories".....

    http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/00/03/07/073530.HTM#0783

    An example is the IBIS question from a popular movie from, 20 years ago or so,

    "What's the story, Richie?"

    Richie tells his story, and the old man asks...,

    "Then what happened?"

    Those are the three most popular words in all humanity. Let's repeat, "Then
    what happened?" Why do people what to know "Then what happened?"

    A big part of the answer has to do with your powerful point about "context."

    A lot of people feel if they can get the story, plus the story before, and what
    happened later, then they can use that context to decide what to do in order to
    make the story turn out the way they want by inferring causation, and using that
    knowledge to control the future by working to effect similar context. People
    use "stories" to augment human reasoning, as explained on 900319....

    http://www.welchco.com/sd/08/00101/02/90/03/19/213447.HTM#L232339

    ...because people think through stories, as in "She went over the story in her
    mind once again." People rarely go over the data in their mind, rather they
    remember data and information through stories.

    How would hierarchical structure in categories proposed in your letter today at
    1408 help people produce better analysis that augments intelligence, where this
    is taken to mean a clear, concise, complete story that aligns new data and
    information with history, objectives, requirements and commitments?

    Rod