[unrev-II] 7 Wonders + 2 + 1 Add Up to a Culture of Knowledge

From: Rod Welch (rowelch@attglobal.net)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 10:50:17 PST

    Pam,

    The eternal challenge to get things done is related poignantly in your letter on
    January 29, and brings to mind the 7 wonders of the world that enable people to
    cope. There are 2 more wonders of humanity that deserve notice, and possibly
    another on the way that enables a culture of knowledge, as set out in a letter
    on 020117....

    http://www.welchco.com/03/00050/61/02/01/1701.HTM#0001

    I am sharing your important message, particularly with folks in technology
    working to solve the dilemma you pose, and to some in education who recognize
    that our young people need a culture of knowledge to meet the challenge of a new
    world order.

    Rod

    *****************

    > "Buck, Pam" wrote:
    >
    > This is soooo cute & soooo true!! Dunno about you guys but this is ME all
    > over!! Now you know what I REALLY get done on my off days.
    >
    > > have recently been diagnosed with AAADD - Age Activated Attention Deficit
    > > Disorder. This is how it goes...
    > >
    > > I decide to clean off the front porch. I start to the porch and notice mail
    > > on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to
    > > the Post Office...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the
    > > car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash
    > > can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the
    > > mailbox, I'll address a few bills... Yes, now where is the checkbook?
    > > Oops.. there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh,
    > > there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look
    > > for those checks...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for
    > > the kitchen and look out at my patio, notice the flowers need a drink of
    > > water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's
    > > my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter. What are they doing here?
    > > I'll just put them away...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST I need to water those plants. I head for the door and...
    > > Aaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the
    > > remote away and water the plants on my patio...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST I need to find those checks. END OF DAY: The porch has not been
    > > cleaned, bills are still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still
    > > has only one check left, lost my car keys...
    > >
    > > And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled
    > > because... I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!
    > >
    > > I realize this condition is serious... I'd get help...
    > >
    > > BUT FIRST

    Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
    When building an e-commerce site, you want to start with a
    secure foundation. Learn how with VeriSign's FREE Guide.
    http://us.click.yahoo.com/kWSNbC/XdiDAA/yigFAA/IHFolB/TM