[ba-ohs-talk] Fwd: Re: [PORT-L] Digital Imagination

Context for forwarding this long post:
I believe the following discussion relates closely to the evolving
discussion on graph structures.  Jon Awbrey, in his usual, extremely
articulate way, seems (to me) to be saying that ontologies, in an of
themselves, are problematic.  But, we are still forced with the issue of
archiving (representing) the universe for purposes of research, inference,
and so forth.    (01)

An approach to representation being taken by the KnownSpace project
(http://knownspace.sourceforge.net) is one that appears to be agnostic:
simple entities, their names, values, and attributes.  Perhaps the graph
structures we create should remain agnostic as well, and leave the
'interpretation' to the agents that use those structures.  I still have
problems with that idea, and I am presently probing the limits of the
simple entity-attribute scheme with the KnownSpace group at this time;
possibly, my problems stem from growing up a consummate reductionist.    (02)

Jack    (03)