Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Learning Groove

A review article two years ago in InfoWorld
(http://www.infoworld.com/articles/tc/xml/01/07/09/010709tcp2ph2h.xml)
compared Groove to the Java-based HornShark. However, I can't find much
about
the latter or reach www.hornshark.com: probably demised.    (01)

There's plenty of tools and frameworks for building the pieces that make
up such a thing, but actually coming up with a complete product with a
good UI and all the facilities is not trivial (Ray Ozzie had spent $60
million on Groove by the time it launched).    (02)

- Mark    (03)

On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 01:46 PM, Henry K van Eyken wrote:    (04)

> Is there a good alternative for obtaining the benefit of Groove? Have
> people worked on or are any working on that?
>
> Actually, I posted the item mainly because I thought that it might
> provide some useful insights or spark ideas.
>
> Henry
>
> Malcolm Dean wrote:
>
>> Lessee now, menu items are non-functional under Opera 6.1, and only
>> supported OSes come from a crowd of convicted monopolists. I'll pass,
>> thanks. Malcolm DeanLos Angeles

Mark Szpakowski
WebLog: http://radio.weblogs.com/0103362/    (05)