Views in Compendium (was RE: Another such tool: Re: [ba-ohs-talk] Mindmapping tool)

Danny wrote:    (01)

>>property to express and query a lot of 'deep' relationships, such as the
>>interractions of systems, tasks, people, and other resources in complex
>>business processes (for an example, see
>>http://kmi.open.ac.uk/kmi-abstracts/kmi-tr-92-abstract.html).    (02)

>I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a view in this context, I'll have a
>read of the paper.    (03)

At this point, views in Compendium are either 'map' views, which
graphically show relationships between nodes (see some examples at
http://www.compendiuminstitute.org/tools/skins.htm), or 'list' views, which
are a tabular list of nodes. Some other view types, and nicer graphics
(e.g. curvy lines), are coming. We're also looking into some integration
with TouchGraph for a graphical 'overview' of a Compendium database (and/or
similar tools, but TG would be top of the list).    (04)

One other thing to mention here, that Compendium is optimized around
real-time manipulation of the underlying data and metadata through its GUI
-- taking off from the tradition of QuestMap.    (05)

Al    (06)