Re: [Gzz] RE: [ba-ohs-talk] Fenfire, RDF (re "Towards a StandardGraph-Based...")

Jack Park wrote:
> At 12:50 PM 3/8/2003, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
>
>> ...resources aren't topics;
>

> Why not?    (01)

I got that impression from the TAO document. In all the diagrams, topics
are shown as objects floating above a tissue of 'occurences,' resources
in which the topic occurs. And the document contains language like the
following--    (02)

     An important point to note here is the separation into two layers of
     the topics and their occurrences. This separation is one of the
     clues to the power of topic maps and we shall return to it later.    (03)

     http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/tao.html#d0e818    (04)

I may have misunderstood the doc, of course.    (05)

- Benja    (06)