RE: [ba-unrev-talk] virtual book club?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:    (01)

> First, yes, I think this is a great idea.
>
> I also second the Ivan Illich work.    (02)

Cool!  Let's read Ivan Illich's Tools for Conviviality for December, then.
I whipped up a quick web page for this:    (03)

    http://www.eekim.com/ba/bookclub/    (04)

Here's how I propose we do this.  Decide on a book at the beginning of the
month (which we did).  Read the book at your own pace, but try to have it
read by the middle of the month.  Post your thoughts on this mailing list.
Let discussion ensue!    (05)

I'll try to update the web page with links to discussion that people post.
If people want to discuss the book on a D3E forum, or post an essay on
their web site, go ahead and do it; just be sure to e-mail the URL to this
list, so I'll know to update my own web page.    (06)

Finally, keep the book suggestions coming.  I'll keep track of those as
well.    (07)

Looking forward to the discussion.  Incidentally, Doug has an anecdote
about Ivan Illich; I'll try to push him to post it to the list.    (08)

-Eugene    (09)

--
+=== Eugene Eric Kim ===== eekim@eekim.com ===== http://www.eekim.com/ ===+
|       "Writer's block is a fancy term made up by whiners so they        |