Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Battle Over the Airwaves vs. CITRIS/TinyOS/Telegraph/Cal-(IT)2, Folkstone Designs, and need for Spectrum Policy Reform

John.    (01)

Today's world is severely testing my focusing, digesting, and
comprehension skills.  In fact, I often feel like that fellow who once
screamed, "Stop the world! I wanna get off!"    (02)

My problem is often compounded by not being able to put data in social
context such as quickly grasping who is the author of a piece of
writing., whether, for example, it is the sender of a piece of email or
whether the sender is duplicating from another source. Of course, to the
superobjective, all-comprehending mind that should make no difference
whatsoever; the value is in the content not in the messenger. But then
again, if I do not (immediately) grasp bits and pieces of an email's
content then I like to have a feel for the motivation and
authoritativeness of the source, in which case I need to know the source
by, at the very least, his/her/its name. That may provide some immediate
mental comfort.    (03)

I am aware that you make exceedingly valuable contributions in terms of
content, but I have difficulty putting them into my very own context, my
view of the world. For example, I am much intrigued by Telegraph's
ability to extract from the maelstrom of data a steady, manageable
stream of useful information.    (04)

I my context that bit of information leads me to wonder whether we may
split the world's data into (a) a large group that we like to be
confident of functioning in our best interest outside our awareness. and
(b) a smaller group with great affinity for the human consciousness such
as reason, art, affection, etc.  This kind of wonderment is relevant to
the quality of human existence.  But if that is what I am looking for in
your posts, if that is what motivates me to read them, will I find
myself disappointed in the end and wondering what I have missed while so
occupied? Time, too, has its opportunity cost.    (05)

John, I hope you will appreciate (and others who may have read  this
far) that in my attempt to edit an e-journal for the Bootstrap Institute
the above considerations are never far from my mind. We all, but
especially educators and editors, must continually aim to talk in term's
of the audience's interests, not primarily in our own.    (06)

How tough it is!    (07)

Regards,    (08)

Henry    (09)

"John J. Deneen" wrote:    (010)