[ba-unrev-talk] Making the case against software patents?

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/02/09/04/0445237.shtml?tid=155    (01)

""I'm an open-source developer in a small western nation, which is slowly
starting to take interest in Open Source, but whose (still MS-dominated)
government is currently considering adopting a software patents regime
similar to USA. This nation boasts a smart and feisty IT community, who
have been terribly under-represented in government. I have a meeting in a
week with a prominent member of the legislature (who has IT portfolio
interests), during which I will have the opportunity to put the case
against software patents. I'm asking for help in assembling information for
use in the anti-patents case. Thank you dearly for any and all help you are
able to provide here."    (02)

The responses on this page are pretty useful. For instance, the top
response listed pointed to this page
http://ask.slashdot.org/search.pl?topic=155
which is a compilation of all slashdot discussions related to the topic of
software patents.    (03)

XML Topic Maps: Creating and Using Topic Maps for the Web.
Addison-Wesley, ISBN 0-201-74960-2.    (04)

http://www.nexist.org/wiki/User0Blog    (05)