Re: [ba-unrev-talk] Fle3 1.3.0 - CSCL software

Dear Jack Park,    (01)

Jack Park wrote:
>  From the perspective of a passionate open source (but not Free
> Software) hacker, unfortunately, I will not be able to download Fle3 and
> play with it, and, I suspect, many of the other OHS-developer wannabes
> on this list won't either. Nothing in the OHS plan calls for
> GPL-licensed software; the OHS license has been based on Apache for some
> time now, and there has been a bit of discussion about looking at the
> Apple Public Source License as a new license model.    (02)

Could you, please, clarify why the OHS-developers can not use Open
Source (and Free) Software released under the GNU General Public Licence
(GPL)?    (03)

> Of course, if the UIAH Media Lab were to change to the LGPL license...    (04)

Let us know why we should used LGPL instead of GPL.    (05)

Best regards,    (06)

	- Teemu Leinonen
Teemu Leinonen
http://www.uiah.fi/~tleinone/