[ba-unrev-talk] XHTML 1.1 and purple numbers

I am working on making the Bootstrap site XHMTL standards compliant.
There is no problem with meeting XHTML 1.0 Strict standards, but I do
run into a problem with XHTML 1.1 Strict. The latter uses the so-called
"fragment identifier" <a id="whatever"></a> instead of <a
name="whatever"></a>.    (01)

We use these identifiers for Doug's "funny purple numbers." His
structural statement identifiers begin with a digit, but it appears that
XHTML 1.1 does not allow for leading digits.      (02)

Am I wrong or am I overlooking something here? The textual materials I
have about id's are incomprehensible to me and, hence, no help..    (03)

Henry
--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken@sympatico.ca>    (04)