Re: [unrev-II] Re: Intel's new XML network devices

From: Eric Armstrong (eric.armstrong@eng.sun.com)
Date: Wed May 10 2000 - 13:43:01 PDT

    > Bill Bearden wrote:
    >
    > *What: We need a better discussion server. How: join an existing OSS
    > project like Apache/Jetspeed, Apache/JAMES, or Zope. If necessary, you
    > fork off (sounds bad, doesn't it?) to achieve your goal. This
    > leverages what OSS is good at: extending not inventing.

    You are absolutely right that we need a better discussion tool. We need
    to arrive at some reasonable consensus very soon, and a better tool
    could conceivably help us get there.

    Fortunately, we are pursuing that path even as we speak. Lee Iverson
    has installed Slashdot and Zope. So far, Zope looks like the way to go,
    although I'd like to get a look a JavaCorporate's stuff, as well.

    I wasn't aware of Apache/Jetspeed and Apache/JAMES. What are they?
    Are they WebLog/server systems like Zope, or something else?