Re: [unrev-II] Session #2 - Moving People?

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:40:49 PST

From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:59:13AM -0800, Gerald Pierce wrote:
> What does "full value" of in person cost in time and energy consumption,
> Jeff? Please understand that I don't oppose any of what you have said.
> I just want to train myself and perhaps others in exploring the
> opportunity in virtual there as opposed to physically there. We're talk
> orders of magnitude energy saving rather than percentages saved by
> adopting alternate sources.

by "full value" I'm referring to value derived from the experience. In a
class room with other people during a tutorial it's sometime what is not
said that is important; The inaudiable cues one picks up. Sometimes just
being in the class room/lecture theatre helps focus the mind. I once
heard it said that more students pass exams if they take it in the
same room as the one in which they were taught.

Jeff.

  Hey Freelancers: Find your next project through JobSwarm!
  You can even make money in your sleep by referring friends.