Re: [unrev-II] Am I the only dummy around here?

From: Jeff Miller (jeffm@dynamite.com.au)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 22:33:50 PST

From: Jeff Miller <jeffm@dynamite.com.au>

On Tue, Feb 15, 2000 at 04:12:00AM -0000, vaneyken@sympatico.ca wrote:
> From: vaneyken@sympatico.ca
>
> I wonder how many of those who are seriously trying the follow the going-ons
> online, have difficulties. Speaking for myself, I am stuck at Session 4 because
> I can't understand what is said well enough to convenienty integrate it with
> the slides, take some notes, and internalize it all. Online people don't have
> the opportunity to meet with fellow attendees to quickly fill in some mental
> gaps. And there are only so many hours available to sort things out. In short,
> it is agony.

I have some problems also with viewing the web cast. I'm sitting on the
end of an 8Mb/s agregate link, of which 4Mb/s is a satelite link (One of
the few advantages of working for an isp). You'd think I'd be able to view
the 128kb/s web cast but the number of drop outs I have makes it unusable.
I find that the 28.8 web cast is usable but still has to resync every now
and then. It's unknown if the problem is at the standford link or further
down stream. If the web cast was downloadable in a form that was savable
to a local hard drive I'd be using the highest quality video that was
available.

To the guys running the show: Is this possible?

jeff.

Shabang.com is the place to get your FREE eStore, Absolutely FREE
Forever. If you have any desires to sell your products or services
online, or you want to expand your customer base for FREE, Come check
out Shabang.com FREE eStores.