RE: [unrev-II] Am I the only dummy around here?

From: Bill Bearden (BBearden@BCL.net)
Date: Tue Feb 15 2000 - 13:56:24 PST

From: "Bill Bearden" <BBearden@BCL.net>

> Eric wrote:
> Makes sense. In effect, you are proposing the colloquium contents as
> the first DKR, and the members of the mailing list as the first NIC,
> and then leverage the physically adjacent community to bootstrap to
> a better model for distributed interactions.

Yes.

The participants have varying

        1) time they can spend researching
        2) time they can spend writing
        3) abilities to receive the information
        4) abilities to understand the information (background)
        5) abilities to perform the actions we require

The Bay Area participants with time (ability doesn't seem to be
lacking) should form a design team that can meet
face-to-face with Douglas. We need a way to organize our email
discussion and WWW pages (including transcripts, please) to help
the rest of us catch up. The remote participants are the
customers for the initial system.

This is not a change of direction because Adam Cheyer already
proposed the email and WWW pages. This is merely a suggestion
on how we might organize the initial phase in light of the fact
that we actually need what we will be developing.

If someone has other ideas on how we can help the remote users,
please bring them up. In a little over 4 weeks, we may all be
remote users.

Bill

FREE ADVICE FROM REAL PEOPLE! Xpertsite has thousands of experts who
are willing to answer your questions for FREE. Go to Xpertsite today
and put your mind to rest.